Specialists of the 1C-Rarus branch office in Kazan introduced an electronic document management system at Tatneft PJSC. The new system, created on the basis of the 1C: Document Management 8 CORP solution and the 1C-Taxkom service, covered 2500 jobs in 22 enterprise divisions. Most of the paperwork is now done electronically. The system helped reduce the time for the drafting, coordination, and signing of documents. It significantly accelerated the exchange of documents within the company. The system helped organize an electronic exchange of the legally important documents with 73 external counterparties. Automatic verification of the accuracy of filling in the incoming documents has been implemented during the project. The time for the input of the primary data into the accounting systems of the enterprise has been minimized. The targeted delivery of electronic documents to recipients has been ensured. Each document now automatically finds its addressee among hundreds of accountable persons located at hundreds of enterprise facilities. Documents are no longer lost. In the near future, the management of TATNEFT PJSC plans to implement the system in all of its 160 enterprises.
TATNEFT PJSC is one of the largest Russian oil companies and an internationally recognized vertically integrated company. Oil and gas production, oil refining, petrochemicals, tire equipment, gas stations and a block of service structures are steadily developing as part of the company's production operations.
Employees of TATNEFT PJSC work daily with thousands of documents, a significant part of which are documents for the sale of goods — contracts, agreements, invoices, acceptance certificates, etc. To increase the efficiency of the enterprise, the management of TATNEFT PJSC decided to introduce an electronic document management system (EDMS), which would accelerate the drafting, coordination, and signing of these documents. It was necessary to standardize and automate the stages of document approval, to ensure the signing of documents with an enhanced qualified electronic signature and organize a timely exchange of signed documents both within the company and with third-party contractors.
The company selected the Tatneftesnab for the pilot implementation of the system, since they were already engaged in material and technical support of the Tatneft PJSC divisions. 1C-Rarus branch office in Kazan became an implementation partner. 1C:Document Management 8 CORP and the electronic document exchange service of 1C-Taxcom served as the basis for the new system.
The new EDMS was deployed for 2500 workplaces in 8.5 months. At the first stage of the project, an exchange of the legally important documents was organized between the Tatneftesnab Office and one of the main partners of Tatneft PJSC — the TMS-group, which is a part of the TAGRAS-Holding oilfield service company. At the second stage of the project, all 73 of the TAGRAS holding enterprises were connected to the electronic document management system with the Tatneftesnab Office. The document workflow of TATNEFT PJSC with this holding on an annual basis makes up about 44.8% of the total external workflow of the company. The third stage of the project resulted in the automation of the documents exchange within the company between the Tatneftesnab Office and the 22 structural divisions of Tatneft PJSC.
Key results of the EDMS implementation:
- Timely exchange of the legally important documents with counterparties has been organized. The EDMS system is integrated with the company's accounting systems. To send a file, the EDMS user creates a document in his system account and uploads it to the electronic document management system, where the predefined for this type of document approval process is automatically launched. An authorized person signs a document, and it’s automatically sent to the counterparty through the EDMS operator.
- The volume of paper workflow within the enterprise has been significantly reduced. Following the Federal Law 402-FZ and 93 Art. of the Tax Code of the Russian Federation, the company has developed its own type of electronic invoice for shipping materials to the third parties and moving them between its own divisions. It is the M-15 that uses an enhanced qualified electronic signature. The use of this document has significantly reduced the volume of internal paperwork and reduced the time it takes to prepare and submit documents to tax authorities.
- Document approval has been accelerated. The system has more than 400 standard scenarios in terms of business processes and company divisions for approval of each type of document. Approximately 2,500 users participate in the approval process, including more than 200 employees with the right to use a digital signature.
- The targeted delivery of an electronic document to a specific recipient has been ensured. 15 additional fields, containing information about the address the goods are shipped from, the recipient’s address, and electronic documents to them, have been added to the forms of electronic documents for this purpose. The counterparty (the buyer, if it is a third-party organization) or the recipient (if it is a structural unit) submits an application for the supply of any equipment or materials through the web-based interface of the Tatneftesnab Office accounting system and fills out additional fields. The system processes the electronic document and automatically sends it to the addressee at the address details specified in these fields. This eliminated the need to manually determine which warehouse and which unit the document should be sent to. Each document, whether it’s to be sent or received, now automatically finds its addressee among hundreds of accountable persons located at hundreds of enterprise facilities.
- Drafting and accuracy control of filled out documents has been simplified. Today, at Tatneft, the input of primary documents, related to the contracts, into the system is carried out by the contract initiators instead of accountants. The counterparty, in accordance with the contract terms, is obliged to use the codes of the Tatneft product directory when creating a document. Upon receipt of the document, the system automatically checks the code numbers for compliance with the directory and also controls the presence of data necessary to run the document through the approval process with the responsible persons. This reduced the number of manual operations and errors when entering primary documents into the system. In the future, it is planned to implement the possibility of cross-checking of the documents in the EDMS system and the accounting system, which, according to management estimates, will reduce the labor costs for keeping records by a few percent.
Today, the EDMS in Tatneft PJSC keeps on developing:
- The company plans to switch to EDMS in interaction with the maximum possible number of its counterparties, including small partner companies that are currently not ready to introduce an electronic document management system. They will be able to exchange electronic documents through a web portal: the counterparty will draw up an electronic document on the portal, certify it with a personal electronic signature and send it to Tatneft divisions through the EDMS operator.
- Another area of system development is the implementation of automatic posting. For this purpose, work is currently underway to seamlessly integrate EDMS with various accounting systems of the company. The EDMS will notify the accounting system of a change in the status of certain documents (the document is rejected, signed by the recipient, signed by both parties, etc.). Based on these statuses, the necessary entries will be automatically generated in the accounting system. With this work sequence, accounting for an enterprise will only reflect operations based on electronic documents signed on both sides, and accounting will be spared the need for reversal operations in case of an emergency. This will reduce labor costs, tax risks, and the number of clarifying documents for the tax office.
- Besides, it is in the plans to make real the possibility of working with EDMS through a mobile application, which would allow employees to approve and sign documents at any time, on any facility, and from any mobile device actively connected to the Internet.
- In order to optimize work with banks servicing Tatneft enterprises, a direct exchange of documents will be organized using the 1C: DirectBank service, which will allow sending invoices to the bank and receiving bank statements directly from accounting systems, without switching to the Client- bank mode. This will reduce the time for downloading and uploading electronic files, as well as for an additional comparison of accounting documents with extract data.
Ramil Akhmetovich Akhmetshin, the deputy chief accountant and the project curator at Tatneft PJSC, notes:
We have taken the path that is based on the following principle: the drafting of an electronic document in any information system should only be performed once on the side of the contractor — the counterparty creates a document, signs it, and sends it electronically. We should do nothing more with this document than approval and signing. Everything should be automated: approval following the exact steps, signing, automatic sending of the signed document to the counterparty, and automatic generation of postings in the accounting system. In this case, the cost of document entry into accounting systems should equal zero. This is a new opportunity that the EDMS gives us upon its integration with the accounting system. And this is a significant change in the philosophy of working with documents at the enterprise. The solutions of the 1C: Enterprise 8 system help us to reach our goals.
Today, 2,500 employees of TATNEFT PJSC are already successfully working in the EDMS on the basis of 1C. Ttimely document exchange is organized both within the enterprise and with external contractors. Our strategic task is to switch the entire internal document flow to electronic format and make the EDMS a system of the global company level, to which all Tatneft subsidiaries (more than 160 organizations) will be sequentially connected. Additionally, we aim to start using the electronic document management format with the maximum number of our contractors, which are currently tens of thousands.
Tatneft PJSC is one of the largest Russian oil companies and an internationally recognized vertically integrated company. Oil and gas production, oil refining, petrochemicals, tire equipment, gas stations and a block of service structures are steadily developing as part of the company's production operations. Tatneft also takes part in the assets of companies in the financial (banking and insurance) sectors.
The Tatneftesnab Office is a modern high-tech complex that provides the enterprises of the Tatneft group of companies with high-quality products for industrial purposes. The structure includes the management apparatus (Bugulma city), Almetyevsk base, Bugulma base, Leninogorsk base, and Nizhnekamsk base.
TMS Group is a young and dynamically developing company operating in the oilfield services market in the Republic of Tatarstan and in the Russian Federation as a whole. It was created on the basis of a powerful set of TATNEFT OJSC service enterprises in 2005. TMS Group provides efficient comprehensive servicing of oilfield and drilling equipment, carries out its operational leasing, production of equipment, technical diagnostics and industrial safety expertise.
The TMS Group includes the management companies of TMS Group LLC, NPO-MehServis LLC, Tatneft-RNO-MehServis LLC, TMS-Logistics LLC, NKT-Service LLC, TMS-Burovoy LLC Service, TMS-TruboprovodServis LLC, and TMS-Tekhnovek LLC. In total, the company employs more than 4500 thousand people.